In recent times, more than 4,8 million persons have been forced to to leave their country and their houses to try to get across hostile borders. We are facing the most serious world refugee crisis in the last 25 years.
Some official information (Source: Amnesty International and UNHCR)
- Out of the 65,3 million people subject to forced displacement until the end of 2015, 21,3 million were refugees.
- There are more than 4,8 million Syrian refugees in only five countries: Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq and Egypt.
- The under 18 accounted for practically half of the refugee population in 2015.
- More than 10.000 people under 18 have died because of a war.
- A total of 4,8 million refugees.
- 7,6 million internally displaced people in Syria.
- Around 13,5 million people need urgent humanitarian aid within Syria.
- Spain has 19,000 pending asylum requests, according to UNHCR.
It is a moment for magnanimity; to help and support those who suffer: It is time to bring out the best in us.